I’ve seen a lot of different analogies for investing styles over the years, but this one from About.com Money Over 55 Expert Dana Anspach is the most creative — and probably most entertaining — I’ve seen: Which Bra Does Your Retirement Plan Fit Into?
She describes six kinds of retirement plans:
- The Bombshell Spender – It’s All Show But You’ve Got No Plan
- The Classic Overspender – Things Look Good On the Surface
- The Strapless – No Risk Management Policies in Your Plan
- The Sports Bra – You’re Working Hard Toward a Goal
- The Everyday Bra – Comfortable Because You’ve Got a Plan
- The Romantic – You Spend on Special Occasions
Which one describes you?